3 Corners Blog Tour
Coming to you from United Kingdom, United States and Canada
I would like to introduce you to Rick L Barker
- How long have you been writing? Almost 40 years. I really kicked it into gear in Grade 12 through a Creative Writing class, which led me to doing Work Experience at a local newspaper. The Newspaper hired me right out of graduation and I started into a career in Journalism. I went in and out of Journalism for a few years before moving full-time into ministry as a youth worker. The writing never stopped though due to sermon preparation. My first book, Kiss the Bear, was autobiographical and published in 2006.
- What’s your favorite part of writing? Getting thoughts, imaginative bubbles, ‘what if? Questions, and wonderments down onto paper or screen in a story format that ‘lives’.
- What’s the title of your favorite book that you wrote? Hmmm, I guess my first book will be my first love in terms of books. Kiss the Bear, seems to have that “favourite” tag to it, though like siblings, I love them all exactly the same, but different.
- What book are you talking about today? A Gentile Jester in the King’s Court.
- What’s it about? This 233-page book is about walking through what it is like to experience Israel for the first time, including going through the shadowy depths of Yad Vashem, the Holocaust History Museum, the beauty of the Galilee, to the heights of the Mt. of Olives and the lowest place on earth, the Dead Sea. It is a blend of historical facts, Biblical insight and imaginative story to inspire the heart. This year was my 11th trip to the Middle East and there is a lot to write about!
- Do you have a link to buy it on Amazon? Yes. Click Here.
- Do you have any social media sites we should know about? Search R.L. Barker on Facebook and of course, the WordPress site Here